Starting from 1 September 2017, a notification must be submitted for workers posted in Finland from another country. A notification for the posting of a worker must be submitted when the posting relates to a contract made after 18 June 2016 and when the posted worker’s work begins after 1 September 2017.
In the construction sector, a notification must always be submitted when workers are posted in Finland. The duration of the posting is not relevant in this case.
A notification related to a contract created for a building site in Building Site Register can be sent through Tilaajavastuu’s service.
Creating a contract
Log in to your company account and continue to the Ilmoita service.
Click on the Site registration tab.
On the Site registration tab
- find the contract you have previously made that you want to send a notification on, or
- create a new contract that you wish to send a notification on
To create a contract, select Sign up for a building site. Ask for the site key from your contractor, the project supervisor or builder of the building site.
Select Ilmoita next to the correct contract. The button is only visible to companies that have added employees into the service whose nationality is other than Finnish, and when the duty to report applies to the validity of the contract.
The notification on the posting of workers opens on a new tab.
Filling in the notification
Information related to your company, your contractor, the builder and project supervisor of the building site as well as the address details of the building site are automatically filled into the form based on the building site and contract in Building Site Register.
Always check all the information. If there are mistakes in the information, correct the information. Fill in missing information. The required information is marked with asterisks.
- National tax number is the company’s tax registration number or a corresponding tax identification number given by the company’s home country.
- The responsible person of the posting company can be the chairman of the Board or the managing director, for example.
- Fill in phone numbers in the general international format. In other words, include the country code in the phone number.
- The company representative must be contactable in Finland for the full duration of the workers’ posting in Finland. More information on the representative can be found here: http://www.tyosuojelu.fi/web/en/employment-relationship/posted-worker/employers-representative
Sending a notification
Send the notification by clicking Send notification.
The notification is sent to the occupational safety and health authority of the region where the work is taking place. A copy of the notification is sent to your email and to the contact email given in the notification for the posting company.
You can forward the copy of the notification to the builder and project supervisor of the building site. For posted workers to be allowed to begin work at a building site, the notification must be sent to the builder and project supervisor of the building site.
Viewing the notification
After sending a notification, you can view all the notifications sent by your company from the list. You can view the content of a notification from Check notification.
Incomplete, unsent notifications are not visible on the list. All the notifications visible on the list have been sent to the occupational safety and health authority.